This program is designed to treat patients with tension, migraine, cluster or mixed types of headaches. Candidates include both those who have not had a satisfactory response to standard medical and pharmacological treatment, and those who need or wish to reduce their use of headache medications.
This program takes an interdisciplinary approach by providing a treatment team consisting of a staff physician, physical therapist, and a nutritionist.
- Increased control and management of headaches
- Decreased use of headache medications
- Decreased suffering
- Increased quality of life
- Reduction or elimination of headaches
Treatment Modalities May Include
- Behavioral and cognitive techniques
- Biofeedback and relaxation training
- Craniosacral technique, acupressure, manual therapy and joint mobilization
- Dietary guidance and counseling
- Stress management