What are my responsibilities?
- The care a patient receives at IPPMC depends partially on the patient himself/herself. Therefore, in addition to the Bill of Rights, a patient has certain responsibilities as well. These responsibilities are presented to the patient in the spirit of mutual trust and respect.
- The patient must provide accurate and complete information concerning his/her present complaints, past medical history, and other matters about his/her health.
- The patient is responsible for making it known whether he/she clearly comprehends the course of his/her medical treatment and what is expected of him/her.
- The patient is responsible for following the treatment plan established by his/her physician, including the instructions of nurses and other health professionals as they carry out the physicians orders.
- The patient is responsible for keeping appointments and for notifying the facility or physician when he/she is unable to do so.
- The patient is responsible for his/her actions should he/she refuse treatment or not follow his/her physician's orders
- The patient is responsible for assuring that the financial obligations of his/her care are fulfilled as promptly as possible.
- The patient is responsible for following facility policies and procedures.
- The patient is responsible for being considerate of the rights of other patients and facility personnel.
- The patient is responsible for being respectful of his/her personal property and that of other persons in the facility.
- The patient is responsible to report complaint(s) or grievance(s).
© 2019 Interventional Pain & Physical Medicine Clinic